General & Minimal Access Surgery
With obesity no longer being treated as just a regular, lifestyle disease, and the growing recognition of it as an epidemic, it is important to be aware of the different ways to bring this under control, as it can quickly become a prelude for a host of other diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, cancer and others if left unchecked.
One of the more effective ways of treating obesity is a surgical intervention known as Bariatric Surgery. This is in fact an umbrella term for different types of weight-loss surgeries. The Department of General Surgery and Minimal Access Surgery at Kingsway Hospitals performs different types of bariatric surgery:
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Mini Gastric Bypass
- Laparoscopic Banded Gastric Bypass
- Laparoscopic Duodenojejunal Bypass
- Laparoscopic Single Anastomosis Duodenolleal Bypass (SADI)
The department strives to perform various surgical procedures using minimal access techniques in order to enure faster recovery and fewer post-surgical complications. We constantly update ourselves with the latest techniques and knowledge aspects of surgery, and this can be seen in our use of laparoscopic surgical methods. In this type of surgery, minute incisions are made in the abdomen instead of a large one as done in traditional surgery, and a laparoscope and other surgical tools are used to shrink the stomach to the size of a small pouch through banding techniques. The underlying principle is twofold: first, to reduce the size and therefore the capacity of the stomach to store food, and second, to effect a slow movement of food through the digestive system so the person becomes satiated sooner and for longer duration, thereby reducing the quantity of food that the person can consume.
There are many benefits accrued to the patient due to such minimally invasive techniques:
- less scarring
- reduced risk of complications
- faster recovery time
- lower risk of infections
- less pain
- reduced blood loss
Focal Points Of The Department
- A dedicated unit for treatment of constipation, piles and anorectal disorder with the help of advanced laser equipment.
- Most experienced team in performing antireflux and achlasia surgery in Central Indian region.
- Special units for VATS and Endocrine surgery.
- 24* 7 emergency and trauma facilities .
- Highly advanced integrated modular operation theatre equipped with the latest laparoscopy unit along with immunoflourescence, ultrasonic dissector and vessel sealers for a safe surgery.
- Availability of national and international faculties for specialty surgeries.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT